The Second Shift Extraction Assistant Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Laboratory department, including strategically developing new products for market as well as ensuring uninterrupted production to provide a complete and full line of cannabis concentrate and other cannabis extract products adequate to meet or surpass sales goals, while remaining compliant with state/federal, and other regulatory authorities and organizations.
This position reports to:
Direct: General Manager
Indirect: Chief Operations Officer
The specific areas of direct supervision are:
- Assist the Director of Human Resources with hiring, training and developing team within the lab.
- Direct the development of new products with the Chief Operating Officer.
- Maintain detailed inventory records for laboratory equipment, medical cannabis, medical cannabis derivative products, by-products, waste, and in-process items.
- Create daily, weekly, and monthly production and staff schedules and provide report weekly.
- Maintain seven (7) days a week production schedule, and must provide agent one day off after 6 days of consecutive work (agents must not work seven days straight).
- Communicate and enforce laboratory safety rules to department and interdepartmental help.
- Schedule safety training and PPE fitting as needed for laboratory associates.
- Enforce laboratory PPE requirements.
- Maintain and update chemical, gas, and other ingredient inventories.
- Maintaining all documentation required to operate within budget and in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Hiring, training, and developing within the Department with assistance of Director of Human Resources.
- Train lab associates in proper lab equipment use, safety policy, and track development.
- Direct and assist with new product development guided by current industry trends.
- Update and maintain lab safety plan/manual and SDS manual.
- Manage production goals so always supply full menu, while adhering to labor cost guidelines.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and utensils in sanitary, safe and organized manner.
- Ensure that the laboratory department stays current with all applicable licensing as well as all documentation required.
- Minimum Master's degree in Chemistry and work experience in cannabis laboratory setting preferred
- Minimum of five years' experience managing a high production laboratory environment.
- Full knowledge of Department of Agriculture and Department of Public Health Rules.
- Fire Safety and Hazardous Material Safety training.
- Ability to quickly create and modify processes and procedures to for the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels within the organization.
- Ability to travel as necessary (Barry, Delavan, and Downers Grove IL, with possibility of others states, as added).
- Prior Cannabis Lab/Manufacturing experience.
About Revolution Global
Revolution Cannabis is committed to producing the cleanest, most reliable and efficacious medical cannabis products.
Our team is comprised of passionate cannabis cultivation, public health, and research professionals united by a desire to cultivate health and happiness through the science of cannabis. Revolution's core values permeate every facet of operations spanning cultivation, breeding, production, packaging, labeling, community outreach, and more.
Equal opportunity employer
Revolution Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Web Reference : AJF/345096213-698
Posted Date : Wed, 22 Jun 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Revolution Global. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of Search 4 Management Jobs